ONASSIS FELLOWHIPS PROGRAM FOR INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARS
a) University Professors (all levels): 1) Full Professors, 2) Associate Professors, 3) Assistant Professors and 4) Lecturers
October 1, 2017 - September 30, 2018
Duration of Grant:
up to three  months
Deadline for submission of candidatures:
February 28, 2017
All answers should be written in CLEAR, CAPITAL letters either in Greek, English or French
SECTION I PERSONAL DATA
01. Family Name (surname):
(as written on your passport)
02. First Name(s):
03. Current Academic Position:
04. University-Faculty-Department / Institution:
05. Country and place of birth:
07. Date of birth:
09. Sex (Male/Female):
10. Present citizenship:
11. Passport number:
12. Country of residence:
13. Marital status:
14. No. of children (if any):
(number or empty)
15. Office Address:
17. Postal code:
19. Office Telephone
(+country & area code):
21. Fax number
(+country & area code)
22. Home address:
24. Postal code:
26. Home Telephone
(+country & area code)
28. Please indicate which address should be used for future correspondence:
29. Father’s full name:
30. Mother’s full name:
31. Spouse’s full name:
32. Spouse’s current occupation
33. Does he/she intend to accompany you to Greece?
34. Have you ever visited Greece?:
If so, when?
For what purpose?
35. Proposed period of research in Greece:
(max. duration: 3 months)
NOTE: The grant does NOT cover the period from July 15 to August 31,2018
36. Have you applied for an Onassis International Fellowship before?
If yes, please indicate:
i) how many times have you applied:
ii) the academic year(s):
iii) the category of the fellowship:
37. Have you been granted an Onassis International Fellowship before?
i) the academic year(s):
ii) the category of the fellowship:
38. Ph.D. obtained in: (year)
39. Persons to be notified in case of emergency (list below name, address, phones and relationship):
In your country:
40. Do you carry any Health Insurance?
41. Do you need any help in obtaining visa (if a visa is required)?
42. Please indicate whether you have applied or are planning to apply for a fellowship/grant for the same academic year to any other organization, government or educational Institution in any country. (This information will not prejudice the Foundation’s decision on your application).
Fill in the following field (up to 500 words) with a motivation letter including the information below:
a) The title, purpose and specific object of the research that the canditate intends to conduce in Greece. Additionally, the canditate must mention why it is judged necessary for him/her to carry out research in Greece
b) Description of the proposed courses/seminars as part of the teaching activities (see Special terms/Conditions, paragraphs 6 (a), p. 5 of the Announcement
c) Any research in Greece already completed or in which the canditate is currently involved
d) Any previous collaboration with Universities or Institutions in Greece
e) Names and contact details of the members of the Greek academic community, Greek Universities, Institutions or Research Centers the candidate intends to collaborate with
f) The proposed period and place(s) of research in Greece. Please indicate whether travel within Greece will be necessary for the research project and include a project plan of the trips in Greece for research or teaching purposes
Knowledge of Modern or Ancient Greek.
Knowledge of the Greek language, whenever not necessary by definition for scholarly purposes, is not a prerequisite. However, elementary knowledge of the Greek language will be favorably taken into consideration
As stated in the Announcement of the 23rd Foreigners’ Fellowships Programme, the following documents must be addressed separately by post to the Onassis Foundation, no later than February 28, 2017:
copy of the
One (1) passport size
An acceptance letter
from a Full Professor or a Tenured Professor of a Greek University with which he/she agrees to collaborate with the candidate on the specific project
A detailed Curriculum Vitae
/ List of publications
Two (2) recommendation letters
from Greece (if possible) and/or abroad
photocopy of the Ph.D. degree
certificate from the candidate’s university
attesting his/her exact academic position
I hereby certify that all information included in this application form is true and that I will submit to the Foundation all the relevant supporting documents, if required. In case of false or inaccurate information, I am aware that the application is withdrawn from the evaluation process.